Hello there, I hope everybody's doing well.
The last two weeks involved:
- A very bad Internet connexion (or no connexion at all), which made my daughter almost desperate at times, but strangely delighted me to point that I even caught myself thinking: why do we need all of that?!
- A very meticulous cleaning in our place, orchestrated by me and motivated by my need to feel better and the reading of this book (Merci Nora). I should write a post about it, because it is like a revelation to me that you can free yourself from the burdens of the past and lighten yourself by sorting things and getting rid of what you don't need.
- A date out with my man. We went to the movies and had dinner at an Irish pub, with loud music and heavy food: the best night in a long time!
By the way, if you get a chance to see this movie "2 days in New York" by Julie Delpy, go! It's hilarious. And we found a lot of us, Earl and I, in this movie (and not only because the main characters are a white French woman and a African-American man, both with kids from another marriage and dealing with her anxiety and moody self along with the craziness of her family... Uh, actually, maybe that's why...)
- A lot of reading for me, and introspection.
- Spending time with my children, looking at them grow, and sharing good moments with them.
To be honest, I miss reading about you, and hearing about you and sharing things with you, but I also need to focus more on my "real" life, and give time to the people around me. I hope I can manage to do both without having to sacrifice one for the other...
Have a lovely week, lovely people.