Saturday, December 10, 2011

Monsieur Sempé and other things



Yesterday my mother, my daughter, and I went to see the exhibit of Sempé at the Hôtel de Ville. I don't know if you know him, but he is the most famous French illustrator. It was great to see all of his early illustrations and the very new ones. I don't know any child in France who hasn't read Le Petit Nicolas (which he illustrated), at least at school. It's part of our culture, and if you want to understand our way of thinking more, Sempé will definitely help you. I love his illustrations, and couldn't help take a few pictures (allowed) during the exhibit.






Back home, my daughter started drawing like she always does when she goes to an exhibit. She made her own version of Sempé's bridge. I like that she is very patient when it comes to drawing, and quite imaginative, which I think (and I'm not saying this because she's my daughter) is a quality that will open up the world to her.




Oh and I just found out that I won my very first lottery, on Maria's blog! I'm happy like a child. If you don't know Maria, give her a little visit, she is such a lovely person and her blog is one of these precious places on earth. 


We have a sick baby at home, Swann hasn't been good since yesterday, and not much better today. It's the time of year... But we bought our tree today and will decorate it tomorrow, so I hope he'll be better, at least it will entertain him. Yesterday, an old Bob Marley tape really made him feel better (yes, my friends a tape, I know...), music is a great remedy...

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you for your adress!I hope your day is today a very good day.
xx
mmaria

Round Circles said...

Ta fille est extrêmement douée....j'aime beaucoup Sempé,il faut que je fasse cette expo la semaine prochaine!!!
douce soirée