Thursday, December 8, 2011

There was a time

There was a time, not a long time ago - actually only a few months ago - when I had time to make things like that:


It's insane. I was looking for a picture to illustrate a post that I was writing, and I fell upon this:



It's crazy. And it should be forbidden to look at, especially at night when you feel like eating something sweet before going to bed, you know...


I made this one when my baby was one month and a week old (am I the same person?):



I had dreamed of making this birthday cake for my daughter for weeks - I had gestational diabete and could not eat anything sweet: a drama for me, and I tortured myself with videos like this one, these women were my best friends for a while. 

I have to say that I really enjoyed making these cakes, and eating them even more. But now I barely find time to cook a regular dinner...


Anyway, maybe I'll make a fancy Christmas cake, with red frosting and a billion calories...



















2 comments:

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

Those cakes look amazing!! ALL of them!

I've just made some macaroons, I wanted to make the pretty coloured ones with sprinkles and cream filling but I just don't have time for that, so mine are just small and natural coloured with almonds on - nice but not as pretty or tasty.

If only there were more hours in each day.

C said...

Wow! amazing, gimme, gimme, gimme! I know how you feel, last night I got a whopping 20 minutes to myself in between madams night time antics. Humph x