Sunday, May 22, 2011

Moving on...

Today, as we were out for a walk me, my daughter, her cousin and my baby boy, we passed in front of our old building. I've walked in our "old" street several times since we've moved because it is not very far away from where we are now and my bank is still there. (I wanted to change agencies but at the one next to our new apartment, they were sooo not professional - like the guy at the counter clearly flirting with me and his colleague clearly paying more attention to her nail polish than to the clients' money - once I went there and he was sitting on her laps, I am not joking! Ah, I just hate France for that!) Anyway. Each time I pass in front of what used to be my building for more ten years, I feel the same: I feel sad that those days are gone, when my daughter was little and it was just the two of us, and we used to eat on the balcony me and her in Summer, and she used to play with her sandbox while I was relaxing on my chaise longue, or when we used to dance to Gypsy music, not caring if the neighbors in front could see us, and how I decorated her room, painted her bed and furniture at night while she was sleeping...; and then I feel happy because I know we have moved on, we have moved up. It's not only that our apartment is much MUCH bigger and nice. But it's also and above all that our family has widened and the world is now bigger for both of us. I am happy to be where I am today. Still, I will always cherish in my heart those moments we had me and her, as tough and lonely as it was at times, we had treasured moments that I will always keep in my heart as the most precious jewel...



Yes, I've moved on, and I keep moving on... So we stopped for a minute, just long enough to let the memories wave in our hearts, and then we kept walking...



No comments: