Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In the mood for cooking

These days I'm in the mood for cooking. After my Chinese week-end, I started the week with sweets. I love cooking. I can spend hours in my kitchen and I love cooking as much as I love eating.


And since there's a lot of good things that we don't have in France (read my frustrated post about that), I decided to cook what I can't buy, there's nothing like home-made anyway.



For the recipe of these extremely good cookies, you can go to this blog, she makes beautiful pictures and is very nice too. I made the oatmeal thumbprint cookies.De-li-cious! (But I would recommand to eat them more with a five o'clock tea than for breakfast, but maybe it's because my being French don't allow me to handle much more than a tartine -bread with butter- in the morning...)


In the mood for baking cookies, I continued today:





And here's how to make my blueberry muffins:


You will need:


150 g of fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen ones)
150 g of brown sugar (but if you don't have brown sugar, just use regular caster sugar)
100 g of butter
150 g of wheat flour + 2 tsp 
150 g of whole wheat flour (I prefer to use both flours but you can use just 300 g of white flour)
1 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
140 ml of milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon




1. Preheat the oven at 160°C (325°F)
2. Grease a muffin tray or use muffin cases.
3. Mix the butter and the sugar together and stir until the micture gets creamy, then add the eggs one by one.
4. Add the milk, the cinnamon and the vanilla extract and mix. Add the flours and the baking powder and mix in order to make a thick batter.
5. Pour 2 tsp of flour in a bowl and mix the blueberry in it so that your batter won't become all purple (it didn't really work with mine, but try...)
6. Add the blueberries to the batter.
7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases or muffin tray (fill up 3/4 of the cases)
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 160°C.
9. Leave the muffins to cool a little before eating (if you are patient enough...)





No comments: