Monday, May 23, 2011

Crib bumper in process (Part 1)

A lot of measuring, ironing, and cutting today. After designing the crib bumper for my baby, I really started to work on it today.



Since we are really short on money, I didn't buy an expensive fabric, anyway the only one I really liked happened to be cheap. But I hope I'll make something nice out of it.
To buy the fabrics and the threads, I went to Marché Saint Pierre, near le Sacré Coeur. It is a place where you can find all types of fabrics. I like to go there, going out of the metro at Anvers with all the tourists who came from around the world to see one of the most beautiful sights in Paris. Then walking past the fabric stores, the two atmospheres mixing: on one hand the tourists and on the other the local people and those who came to buy fabric: women mostly, rich and poor, all colors and ages, searching among the piles of fabrics to find the right one, and the old gay guys serving the clients with either an incredible look of boredom on their faces, or a casual niceness that only people who have worked for ages at the same place can show.


Back to one of the things I love doing the most: creating.









2 comments:

French Cannes Cannes said...

ooh can't wait to see how it turns out! I've heard of the Marché St Pierre, I think I would absolutely love it there (do they have fun buttons and ribbons and stuff too?)

Anabelle said...

Yes, they have all you want there, but for ribbons and buttons, you have to go to the Mercerie du Marché Saint Pierre, which is right next to the Marché St Pierre. Anyway, take a walk around, there are many many stores in the streets around, Marché St Pierre is the biggest but some are much smaller and sometimes cheaper, and for sure you can find "ton bonheur". Have fun!