Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girls just wanna have fun

And they did have fun!


Today was my daughter's 10 years birthday party with her friends and if you want to know what it was like, take nine girls, add balerina shoes and sandals size 3 to 5, a little make-up, lots of giggles, hands full of candies, and spice it all up with danse and music (hello Shakira and Superbus) and you've got a girls party.


We sent the boys away and remained between girls (your devoted included, operating as the Master of Ceremony) for three good hours. It was a lot of fun!

Playing games...

Opening gifts...

Eating candies, chips and fruits (yes my friends, amazing!)

And I made another birthday cake (I 've got the virus now). I tried the "groovy jeans cake" except that mine turned out much more turquoise than I wanted to, but it's ok because colors are hype this summer! So I made my own "Spring Summer 2011 groovy jeans"!!! I've got to admit I was so excited to make this cake, I had a lot of fun and finally achieved my dream from those nights when I was pregnant and I spent hours watching videos on the Internet about how to make birthday cakes (see my post on my other blog).




Ten candles and a happy girl...

Wow, what a day!!!!! Strangely I don't feel tired any more (FCC, I did try the chocolate trick and it looks like it worked...). If I was at some Academy Awards ceremony, I would officially thank my man for taking our baby out twice this afternoon, allowing me to get everything ready on time and be with the girls, and my daughter for having such nice and fun friends and for helping cleaning the place after her her friends were gone. And last but not least I would thank my baby for being so sweet and cute and making all the girls and their mothers's hearts melt - his very first time surrounded by a bunch of pretty girls... I love all three of them so much (and I apologize for being a true pain in the neck - to say the least - when I am under pressure on days like today...)


Before...
After...











No comments: