Monday, February 7, 2011

Waiting...

It is 1:20 in the morning and I really should be sleeping now... I just can't. I have had some soft contractions and I am thinking that maybe my baby is going to come tonight... My daughter was born about 4 weeks before due date, so I know babies can come early!!!


I don't have a lot of female friends, but I have a few that I can count as sisters to me. Of course, since they are close friends they often have the same feeling as me about a lot of things. But I would like to know what women around the world feel: about their feminity, about men, about their children, about pregnancy, about growing old, about working, about achieving something in their lives, about what it is to be beautiful, about their role in society and at home, about love, about freedom... 


I am so aware of my luck to actually be able to complain about my man, absolutely freely, to him and on this blog, when I know some women don't have the freedom of speech and spend their entire lives swallowing their pain and anger and frustrations and feeling of injustice. I respect and admire these women so much...


I live in a free country where everything is so easy... I can be the woman I want to be, and even if I have doubts and fears, I can dream of achieving anything I want, no one can stop me here but myself...





No comments: