Monday, February 7, 2011

Travelling at home...

Still no baby...


I fell asleep at 4:30 last nigth, I was so exhausted but I just couldn't sleep. 


Somewhere around 3 o'clock, I heard music from outside. This song that I love so much, "Beautiful tango" by Hindi Zahra. This girl is amazing. She is Moroccan but she's been living in France for I think most of her life. Her album "Handmade" is great. It is a mix of jazz, gyspsy music, reggae, folk, North African traditional music, and she writes and sings mainly in English. 




I really like the video of the song "Beautiful tango", it was made by a movie director that I absolutely love, Tony Gatlif, who has been making beautiful movies about Gypsies for over 15 years now. One of his best movies is "Gadjo Dilo", it takes place in a Gypsy village in Romania, where a French non-Gypsy young man - the very handsome and now very famous French actor Romain Duris in one of his first movies - lands in search of a Gypsy female singer that his father used to love. This movie is such a beautiful journey...



I just love Hindi Zahra's look in this video and her make-up is so spicy! And the atmosphere, the colors are so inspiring... 



I wanted to show the video but they blocked it. 
If you want to watch it, go to 
"you tube hindi zahra beautiful tango official video"...

Music can make you travel. Here I am almost 8 months 1/2 pregnant, I can barely move from one room to the next, and this girl is taking me to places where the sun is shining and where people look beautiful and different. I am walking in the sun in a quiet village, somewhere, I don't need to know, I can hear women talking in a backyard and kids playing... Somebody is calling someone in a language that I don't know but that talks to me... 

People made me travel a lot in my life. All those beautiful people I met and who shared with me their culture, their language, their faith and history. I went to Africa, I went to Yougoslavia, Albania, Romania, Spain, Brazil, I went to America, Argentina, Jamaica, I went to Portugal, Japan, South Korea, sometimes without even moving from Paris, just being around them, looking at them, learning from them, loving them... They put colors in my life, taught me things I could never have learnt from the books or TV or Internet, they made me richer than I was, they added words to my vocabulary, feelings to my heart, music to my ears, shades to my body, spices to my food... If only they knew how much they inspired me... I would love to write about each and every one of them, I would write about how rare and precious those people - friends, family, students - are and how they gently and beautifully changed my life...

No comments: