Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Painting and thinking...

Today was a painting day. I painted the baby's bed (I just have to finish to pain the bottom  tomorrow when the paint is completely dry), and a little shelf and a hanger for the baby's room. I also put up the mobile that I have made for him (I will show that later). Now it really looks like there is going to be a baby in this house soon... 


The bed, before I painted it.

Painting the bed...

I will show the "after" tomorrow, when the bed is completely done.
The color is a little bit lighter than what I wanted. I was more looking for a darker, brown grey. I had to mix two colors together to get this color and still it is not really what I wanted. But I think the result is nice, it is very soft and it gives a quiet atmosphere to the room.

We are going to have a baby... 
I know it is going to change ours lives tremendously. Yet I am not worried, I feel ready for this change and I welcome it with deep happiness. My pregnancy was not as quiet as I would have wanted, I have been so nervous and tense about so many things... Now I feel more peaceful. It really made me happy to do those things for my baby today. You can buy a new bed, or decorations, but to make them yourself is different. I felt like I was cradling my baby.

But I feel sooo tired! I have been extremely tired all day. I feel that my body is getting slower, my belly is heavier and heavier and as much as I want to do things and run here and there, I have to slow down. 
I said I would go to bed very early, but it is 11:00 and I am still writing...

I am thinking about my daugther. My first baby, my little heart, my sunshine... I can feel that she is worried to lose a part of me with the new baby coming. How can I tell her that no one could ever take her place? How should I show her? 




No comments: