Friday, June 22, 2012

little big boy



He is a boy. No doubt about it.
He runs. He jumps. He hits you with his head and that means "I like you, I want to play with you". 


I put my hand on his head and stroke his hair. Pfft. He's already gone, running to the other side of the room, grabbing a toy, grabbing anything that comes his way and throwing it, banging it, using it as a car. And making the sound. Brrrh. Boys do that.


Before him, I was used to a baby sitting on my lap and playing quietly. That's all I knew. Before my daughter, I had held only one baby, and she was a girl, and she was rather quiet too. I thought all babies were like that, apart from a few special "cases". I didn't really believe in the cliché about girls being quiet and boys being "active".


Well, it may have nothing to do with the fact that he is a boy. But, boy, is he acting like a boy!


And you know what? As much as I would love for him to hug me without pulling my hair and biting my cheek at the same time, I love it. I'm learing. I know it won't be long before he can run faster than me, but it's okay, because I'll find a way, somehow I will follow and adapt to him. 





I wish you all a beautiful weekend. ♡♡♡

No comments: