Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas is in the air: Les Galeries Lafayette

Such a beautiful time of year, when all the stores are decorated with gold and silver and red! I love the spirit of Christmas.
Today I stopped at Galeries Lafayette and saw their gigantic tree, this year on a rock-and-fashion mode, it's... different.



For Chanel alone, I'm happy to be French. And what you can't see, is that we were approximately thirty people taking the same picture at the same time! But as far as I know, I was the only Parisian in this crowd of tourists :)


Outside, the windows are animated with funny, glamorous, and sexy dolls... maybe not the best to make little children dream of Christmas though...
I know it's time to be more modern, but I regret the time when the windows were filled with teddy bears and dolls playing, or trains chasing each others... I'm getting old: old people always say it was better back in the day...



Well, the world will continue changing and I guess little girl will continue dreaming...

3 comments:

Maria said...

I did not visit this store-but next time I will.it is so important to alla of us dream something ...
Your pictures are beutiful...

Round Circles said...

J'y suis allée dimanche:illuminations,vitrines de Noel et centre George Pompidou....le soir les enfants ont dormi comme des loirs!Beau mercredi...

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

Wow that xmas tree is huge! I like it's neon lights. I love seeing all the xmas trees in shops and in squares and the window displays too - reminds me of being little :)