Thursday, December 1, 2011

100 % homemade Advent calendar

Tada! Here is a 100% homemade Advent calendar! Ahh, it took me a little longer than what I had expected... like always when you make things yourself :) It would have been much faster to go and buy one, but I can't wait to see my daughter's face when she steps in her bedroom, after school.


I put it in her room, where she can see it from her bed, to make her dream at night...




(Actually, I was not supposed to go in her room, because on her "teacher's board" is the choreography she is preparing for Christmas: we're going to have an oriental danse show, ladies and gentlemen!)
Oh boy, she needs new furniture. Next trip: to Ikea!


It's been a busy year, last Christmas I was pregnant and tired (and broke), and then Swann was born and since then I had less time for her and less patience also. I've done and made a lot of things with and for him, so I want her to know that she is still my little sweetheart.


Making this calendar for her has been so much fun, although I had very little time like usual, I enjoyed every minute of it, listening to my good old CD of Madeleine Peyroux and feeling the spirit of Christmas coming in the house... 

9 comments:

C said...

Good work! It looks brilliant :) x

Anabelle said...

Thank you Crystal! xo

Alexis said...

Wow - this looks amazing, I can see why you're excited for her to see it. Now I'm feeling sorry I bought one again this year!

Maria said...

So sweet that calender.I wish you cute weekend with your family.
maria

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't speak english very well but I read your blog. It's a nice place. Love your way of beeing. Hugs from Poland :).

Anabelle said...

Thank you!! Hugs from France :)

Berszka said...

Now I'm on your list of members. Nice Sunday!
--less Anonymous

Anabelle said...

Hi Berszka, thanks for joining!
All my encouragements for your blog and welcome in the blog world!

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

Anabelle, Your daughter is lucky to have such a sweet mum - this calender is wonderful, how exciting lots of little surprises and it looks beautiful too!