Sunday, November 13, 2011
Makeup survival kit for busy moms
I thought today I would share with you my tips for keeping a decent face even when you have a baby, mountains of clothes to wash everyday, breakfast-lunch-dinner to cook, kids to take to school and - obtional - work at the same time. I am not a professional, but I've watched so many tutorial videos on makeup that I could write a book about it. Also, there hasn't been a day since I was 16 where I didn't wear makeup - even just a touch -, yes you can call that an obsession, but at least I know what I'm talking about :) Finally, as the partner of a fashion designer, I got to see how makeup artists work and learnt a little bit from their talents. So that's for the "I'm legitimate" part.
Now, let's say you have only 2 minutes each day after taking your shower. Here's what you can do:
1. Replace your regular day cream with a tinted moisturiser, best way to get a better looking skin without wearing foundation or powder, and it looks totally natural.
2. Apply a little bit of blush on your cheeks (choose one that goes with your complexion), it will make you look happier (I promise).
3. Put on a coat of black mascara, it will make your eyes bigger.
4. A small touch of lipgloss will make you look healthier (be careful to choose a lipgloss that's not sticky, personally I hate that)
5. Finally, wear perfume (any brand, as long as you love the smell of it)
Optional: apply a little bit of concealer under your eyes to hide the tiredness that usually goes along with being a mom.
These are the products that I use, but you can find others that are as good, and they don't always have to be expensive. But some brands like M.A.C have amazing products that last forever, same thing for Make Up Forever, Dior eyeshadows are super longlasting too, I also love Bobbi Brown products. Bourgeois, Revlon and all these cheaper brands are great too.
Try it, you might feel better and prettier and your man will probably find you even more attractive and sexy... all for the better :)
Now you might have your own daily beauty routine already, please share it here, I would love to know what makes you special...