Monday, October 24, 2011

A day with Elodie



Today my daughter spent the day with Elodie, at her grandparents'. She was obviously very happy to be back home. Her grandparents were called on Friday to be told that she could spend four days with them from Friday night till Tuesday. Since she left, they hadn't had her on the phone once, they could only write her, which they did almost every day. They are waiting for the appeal, the new judge that they saw admited that things had been done too fast and decisions made too quickly and he told them that they have been good grandparents to these children. Now they see that...


I am sure eventually Elodie is going to come back. But was all this necessary? How will the pain caused by this quick judgment be healed and what damage did it cause in this little girl's heart? Is that going to forever affect her relationship with others? Will she ever feel comfortable and safe after that?


She has two new teachers and one seems pretty tough. She got all the letters from her friends only last Tuesday. She doesn't really talk with her foster family. She's just staying there waiting to go back home. What a sad story. But I am so happy that she's here today, and to know that things will probably change for the better...


Just like these bracelets that Elodie gave to my daughter, sometimes it takes time to figure out the meaning of things, and sometimes you just can't tell, or it takes another person to come and give it all sense...
... Can you see the winged horse?



2 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow, this poor little girl is having to deal with so much more than she should. I just kissed my kids goodnight, and lingered a bit longer than normal after reading your post.

Sonja said...

Wow! What a story, I just went to your past post about it. How sad :o( that is so to take and so much change for a child...for anyone! Aww I hope she moves back soon. ...Also I think Elodie is SUCH a pretty name! I'm pretty sure this is the first time I heard it, and I'm in love with it! ...French names are the best! :o)