Apart from the fact that we've all been sick here these last two days, we are enjoying the holidays. And holidays, for me, usually means cooking and getting rest.
If you want to try it, here's my recipe to make this very easy and French (no frosting, no icing, no extra nothing) Apple and Cinnamon Cake:
150 g raising flour
130 g powdered sugar
110 g melted butter
3 medium sized apples
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp dried raisins
2 tsp rum
2 tsp water
Preheat the oven 180 °C
1. Let the raisins soak in rum with 2 tsp of water and 2 tsp of rum for about 30 minutes minimum (the longest the better)
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix all the eggs and the melted butter in another large bowl and add them to the dry ingredients.
4. Stir the batter well.
5. Cut the apples in small squares
6. Add the apples and the raisins to the batter, along with the rum and water you used to soak the raisins.
7. Stir the mixture.
8. Pour the mixture in a greased cake mould.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.