Monday, August 1, 2011

The best bad day



Today started really bad: when I woke up, I couldn't stand up, I was so exhausted I had vertigo and nausea. Great. I resentfully stayed in bed, planning in my head a trip back to Paris tomorrow and calling my man and my cousin to the rescue. The first sweet thing was that my daughter brought me my breakfast in bed. I stayed in bed for an hour while my daughter and her cousin were taking care of baby Swann and my father was talking on the phone, glancing at the baby every once in awhile - one would say he didn't care much...
Then I got up and took a fresh shower and decided that's it. I am not going to let myself drawn like that, I'm going to get some rest and dress pretty and enjoy my time here. So I put on a nice little summer dress, put on self-tanning moisturizing and bought two things:


1. A bottle of Monoi oil.
2. A pacifier for my baby.


The Monoi oil - which is made in Tahiti - has been used by French women in Summer for decades: it moisturizes and leave a delicious summer smell on your body, a lot of women use it to get more tanned at the beach but I don't recommand that because it literally attracks the sun on your skin as it is very oily and therefore it's an open door to serious sunburn. But you can put a little bit of it on your hair to make it smell good, or to repair you hair, just massage your hair with it and let it sit overnight then wash your hair in the morning and it's really good for dry hair.


The pacifier, I'll write about it another time, but so far it helped my baby to fall asleep. We'll see how the night turns out...


While baby was sleeping, I stayed up late with the girls and did my nails (finally!) and the smell of Monoi on my skin told me that it is holidays. We had so much fun! They really are adorable and they made me happy. In the end, it was a great day and what was bad made me think and learn about me, so it was all for the better...



And why not treat myself like I was some kind of Bar Rafaeli beauty... It's all in the mind...


No comments: