Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oh la la (If kids ruled the world)



The other day as I was cleaning, I found a sheet of paper that came from one of my daughter's exercice books. And here's what I read. They had to imagine 5 punishments to give to children who did not behave properly. 


Here is what she wrote (and I swear we never ever used or threatened with any of these things...Oh my God, check out # 4...)


1. To wash the dishes for one month.
2. To pay for the food.
3. To write 20 verbs with all their tenses.
4. To have an "A" or to be whipped with a belt.
5. To go without candies for one year.


Ah lovely children... Thanks God they don't rule the world ah ah!


When I read that, I kind of freaked out (but silently), I thought my daughter was traumatized. I came to her and I nicely told her that this list of punishments was a little tough. She said that all the kids had invented things like that. One of them wrote to forbid TV for three  years, another said to copy an entire dictionnary twice.


So now, next time you tell your child to go in his/her room and think about the way they acted/talked back, you won't feel bad, will you?


1 comment:

French Cannes Cannes said...

Out of the mouths of babes as they say... Haha oh la!