Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthday love

Today is my man's birthday and sadly we can't be with him. But if I was home with him today, here's what I would do:
1. I would wake up before him to make him pain perdu de brioche with strawberry jam and fresh fruits.
2. I would write him "Happy birthday I love you" on the bathroom miror.
3. I would kiss him happy birthday and tell him that he looks younger than last year at the same date (which is true).
4. I would make him a big chocolate birthday cake and fried chicken or whatever he wants for dinner.
5. I would give him a night to remember...


We are quite old fashion in a way, and broke, and I know anyway that's exactly what he would want for his birthday. Money can't buy everything and you certainly don't need money to love somebody and to show your love.


I can't put in words the love I have for my man, it's just huge. He's been my best friend, my partner, my confident, my lover, the one who keeps my feet on the ground and my head in the stars. I can't imagine my life without him. And no one encourages me more than he does, he believes in me and brings out the best in me. Tonight I called him and he listened to me and he laughed with me and when I hung up I could still feel his love wrapped around me. He is family. 

No comments: