Monday, May 9, 2011

Elle and me (Sunday night)

Tonight I am going to bed early. Yes, early. Each night I make this resolution and each night I end up going to bed way too late for a tired mother like me. But here's what I'm going to do: lay down and read my "Elle" magazine.


Ah "Elle"... This magazine has been with me for ages and in every occasion. With me when I take the train. With me when I used to come back from work on Friday and wanted to relax. With me now when I feel a little out of the world at home with my baby and need a reminder that I am a woman as well as a mother. With me when I got hospitalized for the day because of my gestational diabete and I had nothing to do but wait. With me when I feel depressed and I need something to take my mind off of my problems. With me when I am at the beach. With me when I feel bored and I don't know what to do. With me when I want to dream about the new shoes or cosmetics I want to buy.


It's good to be a woman! The kind of issues I love:
I want to buy each and every product that's in there. Addictive!


I just love this magazine. I like its futility (beauty, clothes, people). I like its view on fashion. I like its modernity, its spirit. I like its recipes (that I rarely make but still, they always make me want to cook and eat). I like its silliness (Who cares if Brad Pitt is going through a phase and why? We do!). Most of all I love when the cover tells me it's going to be about beauty (like right before Summer... my favorite). Why? Because I am part of the club of those women who spend time in their bathroom, buy make-up and clothes more than they should and don't mind feeling sexy and pretty, especially when they are slowly but surely heading towards 40...


Yet, there's something that bugs me a little bit with "Elle" - every friendship has their ups and downs -: it's that when they say "cheap" it still means expensive for my purse. What do you think? Is a tee-shirt at 65 euros cheap for you? Come on, Elle, have you ever met real broke people? That's when I feel even more broke than I am...

My "Elle", waiting for me on my bed...


2 comments:

French Cannes Cannes said...

I'm a Glamour fan - I even have the American one sent from the US (that's how bad I am!)...plus I get the French one too hahaha! Their "cheap" is a total joke. My favorite is the page of "everything under 100 Euros!" HA! As if! Not impressed...

Anabelle said...

Yes, you are part of the club too as I can see, a total addict!
For the "nice price" pages... you are so right!