Friday, February 18, 2011

Beautiful men...

Men are beautiful. And not necessarily beautiful on the outside but beautiful in their hearts and in the way they handle their lives with courage and strenght. Yes it is true that a lot of men on this Earth abuse women, and that their laws are rarely fair to women. But the men I know, the men I like and meet everyday are so much different from that (apart from my boss, but that's another story...). I love that they are sensible and romantic too, but in a different way. Like they can really change their entire lives for the love of a woman. And when it comes to working, they will be up early in the morning and late at night in order to provide stability and comfort to their families. But some don't, and they have their reasons...


I love how men talk when they talk together. They get tougher or more relax, more natural. They laugh and crack jokes that us, women, will not like or understand. Because men usually understand eachothers. And then when we come along, they will make an effort to adapt to us and be more "delicate". That's because they love us.

Graham and Earl, talking, beautiful without knowing...
I have been watching my man. He has been working from 8 a.m to 22 p.m 6 to 7 days a week since... so long, I can't remember if I ever saw him not working for more than a full day... He could be watching TV or go out with friends or just be lazy at home. He could renounce to achieve his dream or even try to make more money. But he doesn't. The minute he wakes up in the morning, he has to get up and start working. Sometimes he stays in the bed with me, but then it is because he knows we need this time together to talk or be lovers...
For some people, good is never enough. And I must admit that I am spoiled and sometimes I act like good is not enough. But today I really want to write about my man and how amazing a person he is. Yes we have our problems. But my man doesn't give up and he still gives the best of him to always give us a better life.


What do men dream of? What do they think? I guess we will never really know and that's the beauty of it.
It reminds me of this beautiful song, "Harlem Blues" that you can hear in Spike Lee's movie, "Mo' Better Blues". You can never tell what's in a man's mind, and if he's from Harlem there's no use of even trying, just like the tide his mind comes and goes, like March weather when he'll change, nobody knows...


What do men dream about...

When I look at my man, or my father, or my brother-in-law for instance, when I talk with them and listen to them, as much as I try to understand them and why they do the things they do, why they make the decisions they make in their lives, why they stay quiet when I would be nervous, or get nervous when I would stay quiet, why they laugh when I think stupid and don't see the point when I explain, as much as I try to read their minds, they still remain a mystery to me. Like the desert, they hold secret thoughts inside of them that no woman can reach, they have their reasons that our reason cannot understand, they have dreams that come from a different sky and hopes that we would misinterprete if we were told about them.


But it is beautiful to know that my man, who I share my life and heart and body with, is yet a mystery to me and I still have so many things to discover and find out about him. Like a country that I will visit all my life and streets I will have to walk a million times before I can take their colors and smells with me when I go back home, like a music made with instruments I have never heard before and can't identify. I don't want to have the pretentiousness to say that I know my man by heart and that I have figured out evey single thing about him. Let him be a mystery. Let him be different, even if we argue, even if we don't understand each other at times, I still want to learn and discover, just like I have things to learn and discover about myself... We are best friends and part of us is a stranger to the other. Let it be...

No comments: