Saturday, February 5, 2011

36 years old!!!

Today is my birthday!


To celebrate it, last night we went to listen to my man's old friend Graham Haynes, who is a jazz musician and who is very nice. He was playing in a jazz festival in Paris called "Sons d'hiver", and he and his musicians played Miles Davis "Bitches Brew". The concert was amazing, we had such a great time!


                                    Bitches Brew Revisited                     Graham Haynes

I had always wanted to go to a jazz concert on my birthday and had never had a chance to do it until yesterday. After the show, we went backstage and it was a lot of fun to listen to the musicians talk about their experience, their memories and hearing their stories about jazz and life. 
Me and my man we rarely get a chance to go out and do something just the two of us. I really enjoyed this night together, getting dressed and putting on "special"make-up (it took me forever to get ready and we were late because of me!!!) 

Me pausing "glamourous silly" right before leaving.
Thanks camera for the red rabbit eyes!!!


Me with percussionnist Adam Rudolph.


Graham talking with saxophonist Mike Ellis, and Mike's son.
They are all very nice people and great musicians.

While the musicians were playing, the baby kept moving, I was think of him, touching my belly and sharing this moment with him through all my body, heart and mind. It was magical.

Tonight we stayed at home just the three (with fourth inside my womb) of us: my man, my daughter and me. We had dinner and I had my second "galette des rois" of the year. Normally I eat at least four of them during the month of January but this year with my diabete I had to be careful...
I feel VERY tired today. Last night we came back home at about 1 a.m. but I am so happy we went out!

Tomorrow I will try to get a lot of rest. I wonder when the baby is going to come... Again, I wish I were not that tired so that I could write more about how I feel, but my body is begging for rest, I am going to bed...

I am 36 today and I feel happy and young and loved.



No comments: