Tuesday, November 5, 2013

the greatest

This is one of my favorite songs ever. And the video talks to my heart so much, if I was a singer and I had to make a video, I would probably make something like that. Something that would show my love for people, and old women in particular.




Chan Marshall is a very inspiring woman to me, how she became like a butterfly with the years, shining with beauty and yet so fragile at the same time. I think she got a little crazy on her last haircut but I love that she had the guts to dare, at 40. And Cherokee (not sure about this video though) and Ruin definitely were the songs of my spring and summer.

As I am approaching 40 myself, I understand more and more that life is a journey. Not a long time ago, I was still feeling like I would be there forever. Now I know life is fragile and if you don't fix your problems now, they might really ruin your moment on this earth. I feel I have less time now to fix my problems and enjoy life, and it's good that I feel this kind of urge in a way because it helps me move on and up.
Somebody told me yesterday that the love and happiness you give today is given forever, but the years gone with you not giving love and happiness can never be given back.

This is a time in my life where I don't want to be the greatest anymore. I just want to be the best I can, with my ups and downs.




No comments: