Monday, December 26, 2011

Françoise

I hope everybody had a great Christmas. Ours was wonderful: lots of gifts, and children playing, and good food, and family. My favorite. We hosted the big family Christmas dinner at our place last night, which was great but now I am exhausted. I'll show pictures of it later.


Today, as I was shopping at Monoprix, I met Françoise and she was so beautiful that I want to write about her. 90 years old, shopping on her own with her very chic outfit and an amazing beauty that made me want to look like her when I am old. We chatted for a while as I offered her my help to take her groceries to the counter since she seemed very tired. She was so chic, but very simple and friendly. She had come all the way from her place here to buy a smoked chicken. I told her it would have been a shame not to go out, looking so beautiful as she did. She laughed and played modest. I asked her if I could take her picture and she said yes, and she arranged her scarf and held the pose for me, asking me to take several pictures until she was satisfied with the result. She whispered her name, adress, and phone number at my ear so that I can send her the picture. She was one of these people you want to kiss and hug, just for being there. A true treasure.


She didn't like this one, because she said her hand was not right.


Look how she gracefully holds her hand like in the old days. She had a sky blue nail polish to match her hat and jewels. I showed her the pictures on my Iphone. She said: "Oh, I've got a wringle there. What's that chin?" I laughed. She was just like me with pictures. She shook my hand goodbye with delicacy and I walked away with a smile on my face thinking: what a lovely woman. 







5 comments:

pierre said...

BONNES FÊTES !!

Reclaim your wedding said...

Wow! She looks amazing. I love her nailvarnish and matching rings. Just wonderful!

French Cannes Cannes said...

J'adore Françoise!!!!! Bien joué AT - so glad you captured her in a pic!!

partycja.g said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
partycja.g said...

amazing and beautiful story :)